Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Running with Focus

I have been contemplating my reasons for running the last two days.  I have been running for about 18 years and I remember some of the initial reasons why I started.  I think the main reason I started was to get into shape.  As I started to run my goals began to change.  I started to become more focused on my speed and I remember having the goal of running the Derby Festival Mini Marathon in Louisville.  As I ran more I became faster and my reason for running was about being more competitive.  During that time I remember having runs that helped me deal with issues in my life but there were not many runs that brought me closer to God.

My running with God only started to manifest itself in the last year.  Then in the last 3 months I followed God's leading and started this blog.  Since starting this blog my focus on God has become much stronger.  As I ran yesterday and today I thought about Proverbs 18:10.  The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous RUN to it and are safe.  I think this verse can be about my focus.  As I was running I can see myself looking forward to God and running towards him.  I will not be distracted by the things of this world.  I want to get to God so he can be my protection.  I know that he is strong and will make me safe.  I will continue to run towards him and not be detoured.

Early morning spectator



No comments:

Post a Comment