Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Running during Winter

I had a nice run two days ago.  I haven't had a chance to blog about my thoughts since then.  In the last two weeks I have been running in the cold and when I run in the morning I have often been running in the dark.  As we move through fall and into winter the days are getting shorter and colder.  This is what autumn often looks like.
Fall in the Midwest
Winter is a part of life.  At least here in the Midwest it is. My thought when I ran two days ago were about this time of year.  We often think of winter as a bad thing.  Some times we think of things as dead during winter.  As I ran I realized winter is a necessary part of life.  Things are not dead during this time of year. Winter is a time of preparation.  If it wasn't for winter we wouldn't have spring.  There are many things in life that look gray or dead.  We just have to remember that these are times of preparation and times that are building towards Spring.

Fall Caterpillar

I have been seeing a lot of these in the last week.  They are not very colorful and many people would say not very pretty. I know that they will be wrapped up during the winter in preparation for Spring when they will burst open in all of their splendor.  When you find yourself in a dreary place call upon God to help you prepare for the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment