Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

The Sweet Smell of Sin

I am fortunate to have a lot of routes I can run.  Some of my routes take me through neighborhoods and others take me out on rural Indiana county roads.  I have a few that take me by beautiful lakes.
Remember Jesus gives us living Water

When I am running I love the fresh smell of the outdoors.   I love to take in the environment around me.  Some times my nose will smell fall leaves or spring flowers.  During my last run I had the sweetest smell of any run.  It was so strong I had to turn my head and find out where it was coming from and this is what I saw.

The smell was urinal cake.  This is often how sin works.  Sin may seem so inviting and fulfilling but in the end it leads to death and destruction.  Don't be fooled.

*Running Tip - Don't be a slave to your watch.  Often people get so concerned by how fast they are running.  The first thing I think you should do is to enjoy running.  Some runs should be just for enjoyment.  If you are someone who is always looking at their watch and the only good runs are when you are happy with your times then maybe you should run without your watch on occasion.  Also you are risking injury if you are always pushing yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment