Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Running with Determination

For a Saturday it was an early start.  I had my alarm set for 6:45 but thankfully I woke up at 6:00.  When planning my run the night before I forgot that I needed to put out Gatorade since I was doing a long run.  I got up and had a can of chicken noodle soup and 16 ounces of GNC endurance formula.  After putting out some fluids I made it home and stretched and was starting my run at 7:00.  After a few miles I had this view.

It was a long run so I had plenty of time for prayer and meditation.  I thought about how my morning started and how the thought crossed my mind to stay in bed.  I had plenty of excuses: I was up late the night before, my bed was warm, it was dark outside, I could take a day off.  But I had decided to run.  I had determined my path and I knew what I had to do.  And so it is with Jesus.  I have decided to follow Jesus.  I must not be deterred.  Galatians 5:7 says, You were running a good race.  Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?  We must keep running and not let anything keep us from the truth.  

Once we have determined that we are going to follow Jesus we must stay on our path.  The first step may be the most important but after that all of the steps have equal value.  During my run today I counted my steps for a half mile.  I took about 625 steps during that 1/2 mile.  That would have been 16,150 steps today and none more important than the other.  In our run with Christ we must be focused on every step so that we will not be deterred from the truth.

Morning Geese

# New song in my playlist - Newsboys/Live with Abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment