Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Running with Rain

Today was a wet run.  Light rain throughout my short run.  But as they say "into each life some rain must fall."  I think rain is what we make of it.  We can ruminate about it.  We can constantly have it on our minds but all that is going to do is slow us down.  I think the best way to deal with it is to understand that it is going to happen sometimes and make the best out of our situation.  I could have not ran this evening.  I had plenty of other reasons not to run, but where would that have gotten me.  Sometimes running in the rain makes us stronger.  This is so applicable to our lives.  Being in Christ doesn't promise us a perfect life but when life brings us rain we have Christ to be there to help us through each situation.  Even when it is raining the Son is still there we just cannot see him.  We must have faith that it he there.

* Running tip - wearing a running cap when it is raining does a great job of keeping the rain out of your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment