Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Smile while Running with God

I love to be outside and run.  I think most people can see that on my face when I am running.  I usually smile at everyone I pass and often have a pleasant greeting.  Often I will get a smile back or a wave or a return greeting.  One thing that I get bothered by is when people look grumpy while they are walking or running.  They look like they would rather be some where else.  I often wonder what makes them so sour.  In the book of Mathew we are told that when we fast we should not have a sad countenance.  I think the same should go with running.  Have a smile on your face.  Show people that the Lord lives in you.

 Beautiful sunshine and 55 degrees today.  Perfect morning to run.  I saw this fountain during my run this morning.

I have ran past this fountain many times in the past but today it reminded me that we should be drinking from the living waters.  In John 4 there is a story of Jesus talking with a Samaritan woman at a well and he told her he was the living water.  Who ever drank from the water he gave would never be thirsty.  This fountain reminded me of that water and how if we allow it to be in us it would be as beautiful as this fountain.  On the other hand when we drink of what sin offers we will never have our thirst quenched.  Drink from the water Jesus offers and you will not get dehydrated as you run with God.

# New song on my playlist - Chris Tomlin / God's Great Dance Floor

Talk to you later and keep Running with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment