Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Let Your Light Shine When You Run

I stepped out of the door into darkness.  It was 5:40 am and my neighborhood was asleep.  It was going to be a cloudy morning so I knew I would not see the sun as I was running this morning.  Why was I out in the darkness running when my bed was warm and cozy?  I was doing it because I want to be in good physical condition, I want to spend time with God and I want to live to be 100 years old.  Yes I said it.  One of my goals in life is to live to be 100.  You could say that in my bucket list, I want to live to be 100 before I kick the bucket.

Sorry for the distraction but it was really dark this morning.  I am not a fan of running in the dark but due to schedules this morning I had a choice to make.  Either run in the dark or not at all.  I choose to run.  To protect myself from early morning commuters I wear a light when I run in the dark.  The light clips on to

clothing and can be seen for 1-2 miles down the road.  Every time I see a car I always make sure that my light can be seen by them.  This lets them know I am there.  It keeps me protected.  I want to be just like my light when it comes to Jesus.  I want people to see the light of Jesus when they see me.  To do this I must always have the light on.  I cannot turn the  love of Jesus off and expect others to see it.  I will continue to pray and be close to God so that his light is always on inside of me so it can be seen by others.

As I was getting home from my run I passed one of my neighbors who is frequently out walking and running in the morning.  She said "I like your light".  My reply was that it keeps me protected.  She wisely told me "It is very effective"

So my challenge to you is to let people see the light of Jesus in you so you can be "very effective"

This is a picture of my light in the dark


No comments:

Post a Comment