Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Running with God - The Goal


Good Morning
Started at 6:15 this morning.   I left the house at twilight and was treated to this view at about 2 miles.  Green grass, yellow wild flowers, light blue sky and orange sun, God is good.  

As I was running this morning tobyMac was talking to me and said "I don't want to gain the world and loose my soul".  It made me think about what my goals were for running.  I have some goals for the next six months but in the end do they really matter?  I think it is fine to have goals for distance and time but I can't let them become why I run.  The shirt I was wearing today puts my goals into perspective.


Philippians 3:14  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called be heavenward in Christ Jesus.  If I have the goal to please God with my running I will always be successful.  No matter what my goal for a race may be I will never fail.  What is more important, if I achieve a PR or that someone can see Jesus in me because I have a smile on my face or that I thank them for volunteering?

Talk to you later and keep Running with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment