Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Running with God - Trust

I had planned on running Monday moring. As with most runs there is a bit of planning the night before. My wife and I have to deside what we are doing the next day and who will take our youngest to school, because Lord help our kids if they would ever ride the bus. We also look at the Weather Channel app to see if it may rain. On Sunday night this week the Weather Channel listed a 30% of rain for Monday morning. In my mind that means there is a 70% chance that it will not rain. My alarm goes off at 6:00am. It is hard at this time to see because it is still dark. I don't hear any rain so I'm thinking I will soon be outside running with God. I check the Weather Channal and the chance of rain is 0% for the next couple of hours. Alright I'm running. I'm am a bit slow getting ready in the morning so in 10 minutes I am finaly ready to hit the asphalt. In the blink of an eye the 0% chance of rain becomes 100% chance of rain. How could this be? The Weather Channel wouldn't be wrong would it? My running was then regulated to the basement and the treadmill. I am not as connect to God when I am on the treadmill. I am not sure why that it is. Maybe it has to do with the TV being on and the solitary view that I have. So I was able to get my work out, but not much more. Jump forward to Wednesday. I was outside in the dark at 5:45. Dark enough that I am wearing a light so that cars know I am there. My run was a good workout but more imortantly I was intouch with God. My heart was heavy because I still have been holding back. There is more that he wants from me. He wants me to be open. I still have been resitsting. Just like on Monday when I had put my trust in the Weather Channel I was putting my trust on worldly devises. I need to be trusting in God alone. God has never let me down in the past so I need to step into unchartered waters when he is calling me. Just as Peter was brave enough to step out of the boat and attempt to walk towards Jesus on the water, I must take that step also. Talk to you later and keep Running with God

No comments:

Post a Comment