Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Running With God the instruction book

I had to run late in the morning, about 11:00.  Not a good time of day to run in September. The temp was 82 degrees.  It was a nice day to sweat if that is what your into.  I don't mind sweating but when your cloths are totally wet after you are done then I draw the line. I think a lot of people draw the line at that point because I didn't see another soul out on the road.   I run with a cross necklace.  It has a leather strap and I keep it tight to my neck. Today it had loosened up and with each stride it was coming a few inches off of my chest and landing right over my heart.  I thought that was interesting.  Was God trying to tell me something?  Maybe I should keep Jesus close to my heart.

Crimson Truth

So some of you may be wandering if there is an instruction booklet  for Running with God. The answer is yes.  There is a running plan out there called Run for God.  It is a 12 week program that leads new runners, inexperienced runners, or runners that have been running for years through a book and devotions. It also can be combined with a leaders packet and can be used as a bible study or small group.    I have not read the entire book but I think next year I may do it with my office. For the last two years the office that I work in has participated in a local 5K.  I think this would be a great experience to do as a group.  It would be great to blog about for 12 weeks next spring.

Talk with you later and keep Running with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment