Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Great Morning / Running with God

I am not a morning person, but after I get myself out of bed and hit the road, I am always glad that I did.  This was my treat for waking up this morning.


Sunrise

This morning I was thinking about Hebrews 12.  ...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.  And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us...   When we are running we will look for ways to be faster.  Often we do this by making our load lighter.  We buy lighter shorts and wear lighter shirts.  Sometimes I see guys go shirtless.  We will sometimes spend hundreds of dollars on shoes that weigh only ounces.  Just like the examples I have listed from running we need to "throw off everything that hinders" our walk with God.  We need to give God our sinful desires.  We need to pray that he will take them from us so we can "run with perseverance the race marked out for us".

No comments:

Post a Comment