Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Running with Purpose and Focus

Yesterday was a long run.  I was out for over two hours.  It was cool but there was abundant sunshine.  I felt strong and thanked God for allowing me to enjoy the world he created.  I often run through the neighborhood of Victoria National Golf Course.  Yesterday I decided to take the cart path and run through the actual golf course.  Victoria National is the most prestegous golf course in the area and many golfers would love to be able to play on it.  Yesterday for 4 miles I had the course to myself.  Even in winter time it is beautiful.  I can only imagine how it would look during the summer when everything is green and the flowers are in bloom.



I caught these two trying to sneak onto the back nine!



I was in prayer some of the time but I also had many thoughts about having purpose in life and what that might be. This is a frequent topic and many books have been written about purpose and having a purpose driven life. Here is my two cents on purpose.  I think we all have four main purposes in life.  1. Love God.  2. Love our spouses.  3. Be a good parent.  4. Be a witness to the people in our lives.  Some of us, no many of us, may have other purposes in life, but the four listed here are global.  If you are looking for your purpose in life, look no further.  

Now that you have your purpose...stay focused.  Don't let the world interfere with you achieving your purpose. Galatians 5:7 gives us a great running analogy, You were running a good race.  Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?  Stay focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment