Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Running with Thanksgiving

 


Evansville Turkey Day 5K 2013
It was a Wonderful start to Thanksgiving Day 2013.  My wife, two daughters and one boyfriend, and I ran in the 24th annual Evansville Turkey Day 5K. 
Alexia, Dana, Grace, and Caleb

22 degrees at the start and wind chill of 15.  The weather can make you appreciate a warm house and warm car.  I had mentioned before that I did have a goal for the 5K and it was the same goal that I had fallen short of the prior two years.  I am happy to say that the Lord provided me with good training and good health and I was able to finish 30 seconds under my goal.  I was actually  a few seconds away for a PR that I set 16 years ago.  So much for growing old. 

Today is Thanksgiving Day and all morning I have been reminded of all that I have to be thankful for.  The first thing to be thankful for is my God and our savior Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for my wife and family.  I am so luck to feel loved by them each and every day.  I will stop there because if that was all I had I would still be the luckiest man alive, but I could go on and on about all that I have to be thankful for.  God continues to bless me as I continue to run with him.

The course was mostly along the Ohio River


Run Your Race
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment