Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Run Through the Straight Gate

What a difference 42 hours can make.  Two days ago I was running in shorts and short sleeves on an unseasonably warm December evening.  Today I was running in a 25 degree snow storm with 4-5 inches on the ground. 
The view from my front door.
I love running in the snow.  I think there is something primal inside of me that causes this love.  I have knows for a week that we may be getting the snow today and I was holding out hope that I could run in it.  
Blue Lake

Part of my run today took me through a local park that is sparingly used on good days.   I usually am the only person there when I run.  Today the solitude was fabulous.
Freidman's Park
Running in the park in the 5 inches of snow was difficult so I return home via the road.  On the road I could run better when I found a tire track to follow.  Often these tracks were thin and I had to pay attention to where my feet were striking to prevent running in the deeper snow.  It reminded me of Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.  What a great comparison between today's run and our spiritual life.  We need to stay focused on where we are going and not let the devil and the lust of this world take our attention away from the saving power of Jesus.

Run Your Race 
Hebrews 12:1



No comments:

Post a Comment