Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Greatness Awaits

I always want to run outside as opposed to running inside.  Did I say always?  For some reason I decided to run on the treadmill this evening.  At 4:00 pm my duties around the house were done and it was sunny outside and beautiful.  For some reason I decided to run on the treadmill and watch football.  While I was running there was a commercial for Playstation.  You may have seen these commercials.  During there adds they use the slogan "Greatness Awaits".  This is sad to me.  Why would anyone judge their greatness by a video game.  I know many kids and young adults who do just that.  They live in a fantasy world and not reality.  It's not just video games that the world uses to steal our greatness.  Many of the things we chase in life steal our greatness.  Running can be one of those things.  Anything that builds us up to the world steals from our real purpose.  Real greatness is when we build up those around us, when people can see God in our lives.  We are great when we are living like Jesus.

Run Your Race
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment