Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Free Running

Not your ordinary December run yesterday.  I was not able to run yesterday morning so If I was going to run it would be after work in the dark or on the treadmill.  When I got home at 7:00 PM the temp out side was 67 degrees.  WOW.  So I put on my shorts, short sleeve shirt and my light and headed outside.  I can't remember a December run in shorts before.  It was enjoyable.  It was also enjoyable because it was a "free run".  I use the term free run when I don't look at my watch, run easy and I don't have any particular route that I am running.  I like doing this sometimes because it is basic and easy.  Free running helps me remember that I like running.  It takes any pressure or work out of the run.

As I was enjoying my free run I started to think of the freedom we have with Christ.  It seems like an oxymoron when we say that giving our lives over to Jesus brings freedom, but that is what happens.  With Christ I have the freedom to live without guilt or shame.  I know that I can go through life and feel free from the lust of the world.   I greatly enjoy the freedom I have with Jesus.

* New song in playlist - MercyMe/Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment