Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Running on Fire

One big ball of fire

It was 45 degrees this morning with an occasional stiff wind.  I choose to wear some light gloves and a light scull cap.  While I was running at times I started to get hot  but as the wind hit me I would get cool.  I took my gloves off and on several times.  I also rolled my hat above my ears a couple of times only to have my ears get chilled.  I guess you could say I was luke warm at times.  As Christians we need to be on our guard because luke warm is not how we want to be.  When we are luke warm we may be at risk of back sliding into old habits.  Also when we are luke warm we may not be as good of a witness to the people in our lives.

I want to be on Fire for God.  One of the songs that I listened to today was I'm Alive by Peter Furler.  He says "I'm alive. I'm on fire and my spirit burns with desire".  This is how I want to run and how I want to live. If I am on fire for God I cannot fail.  I will always be a winner no matter what the outcome is.

The thought of being on fire for God came to me as I ran past someone burning a pile of brush today.  My first thought was how sin will lead to the fire known as Hell.  I thought how interesting language is because we can use the term fire to reference two completely different out comes.  If we are on fire for God we will be filled with his spirit and be in a closeness with him.  If we let sin stay in our lives we will be consumed by the flames of eternal damnation.  It seems obvious that we would choose to be on fire for God but unfortunately the world can lead us astray.

Today I want to thank God for putting his spirit in me and helping to light my fire.  I want to present my body as a living sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment