Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Running with Contentment

Spectator
Nice run this morning.  I ran through a local park and had a few spectators.  I don't think she cared that it was 28 degrees this morning.

This Thursday my daughter, my wife and I are running in the Evansville Thanksgiving Day 5K.  I have been looking forward to this race for several months.  I have a goal for this run.  It is actually the same goal that I have had for the last two years but I have came up short both times.  This year I think it is going to happen.  I have been running well and taking care of my self.  I have been eating well and doing yoga several times per week.  I have put a lot of thought and effort into my preparation.  But if I do not reach my goal I will still be content because I have done my best.  In the last month our pastor has been preaching about contentment.  We need to be content with what we have and who we are.  If we are giving our best to God what more can we expect.  I need to be content with the things I have and with the effort I put into life.

Run Your Race
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment