Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Who are you running With

Blue Lake
Rather warm this morning.  54 degrees but slight wind of 12 mph.  I left the house for a long run at 8:15am. Two hours of running with God.  Plenty of time to pray and thank God for all he has done for my family.  He is are protector and provider.  He gives us peace and freedom.

Today I thought about who I use to run with.  I realized that we always are running with someone.  We are always thinking of something or someone when we are running.  Most of the time I would run with myself. My thoughts were about me and what was happening in my life.  On occasion I would think about my family or a situation that was happening in the world.  I can remember on 9/11 running in the afternoon and wondering what was happening to our world.  But most of the time my thoughts were selfish and revolved around me.

Since I have started running with God I have a new purpose.  When I finish my run I am not only refreshed physically but also refreshed spiritually.  While I am running it seems like my mind is free from thoughts of the world and I can have a better understanding of how God wants me to live.

Run Your Race Hebrews 12:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment