Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Run Your Race

If you follow my blog you know this is not about time, distance or personal bests.  Running with God is about a spiritual closeness with God through prayer.  For me my best prayer time comes while I am running. I do have goals though.  I have races I would like to run and times I would like to beat, but I am running the race of my life.  I want to be successful in my race.  God has set out a race before all of us.  Hebrews 12:1 ...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us Run with patients the race that is set before us.   We each have our own race and our own path.  It is not a competition. God wants us all to be winners.  Where is the finish of this race you may ask.  Some would say that the finish is when we die and I can see that point of view, but I would like to say that the finish is at the feet of Jesus. When we run to the Lord and get to him and have given ourselves to him we have won.

It doesn't matter what path, route, race, or road you take as long as you end at the SON.

Run Your Race: Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment