Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Present Your Bodies as a Living Sacrifice

The title is a paraphrase from Romans 12:1. Most of you think this post is going down the road that we should run and exersise so that we can gloryfy God by staying in shape and keeping our bodies in good working order. God was gracious enough to provide us with health and longevity so we should be good stewards of our bodies. The word sacrifice means we should push ourselves and work hard to stay in shape. While these things may be true I dont think that is what God intended for us to take from the passage. As I was running early this morning the sun was just starting to peak over the horizon. The sky was a beautiful blue and the light from the sun was a mixture of orange and yellow. I started pondering the words in the title. I was challenged several weeks ago to pray each morning that I would present my body as a living sacrifice each day. To do this I must sacrifice some of my wants and desires. I need to not give in to self gratification. I need to present my entire body which includes my brain. My brain represents my thoughts and my thoughts are my soul. I need to give my soul as a living sacrifice. This is the prayer I have been working on each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment