Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Running Proves that God is Real

Today my run took me down an asphalt path that over looks the Ohio River.  The session today was a relaxed easy run.  No worries about mile splits or times.  It was one of those runs that I am able to observe my surroundings.  The evening was hot (89 degrees) but beautiful.  The evening sun was wrapped in thin wispy clouds.  The sun reflecting off of the river was gorgeous.  The trees were green and many flowers were in full bloom.  As I took in my environment I thought how could this be an accident?  God has put the rules of our universe in place so that we can enjoy such beauty. 

I started to think about myself and how much enjoyment I was having pushing my body in the hot air.  How can someone explain the emotions we have?  It must be God that created emotion to separate us from the rest of the animal kingdom.  How can love be explained scientifically?  Can someone explain the love Jesus displayed when he died for our sins?  The more I ran today the more I felt alive.  I like days like today.  No worries, just good feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment