Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Run Pray Run Pray Run Pray

The Lord provided another beautiful evening for running and I was able to take advantage of it.  Today Praying was on my mind.  There has been a lot of discussion in my life about prayer recently.  Our church had a 72 hour prayer visual at the start of the month and our sermons have focused on prayer.  I will admit that prayer is one of my weaknesses, but many days when I run I talk with the lord. 

Today during my run I had a one mile warm up and then 5 fast interval runs with 3 minutes of walking between.  This provided a great opportunity to pray.  During the first mile I was able to think about many things that are going on with my life.  I find it harder to pray if I am giving a lot of effort while running, so during the 3 minute walks between intervals I picked something specific to pray about.  I was able to pray about myself, my sweet wife, my wonderful kids, the new neighbors and our church.  During my cool down I made it a point to start the morning off with a prayer each day.  I will let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea. I love to run and walk. I need to increase my pray time also.

    ReplyDelete