Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why Run with God

Thanks for visiting.  I would like to start by telling why I run with God and how RunningwithGod came into being.  I have been running for several decades and have always enjoyed the activity.  There have been goals for speed and distance but nothing that was as satisfying as having my running be a fellowship with God.  As I have matured as a Christian and went through various life struggles I have found myself praying during some of my runs.  I then started wearing a cross necklace on a leather strap to remind me of my fellowship with God.  For the last year God has touched my heart many times during runs.  I looked for a website or blog that combined my love for the Lord with my love for running.  I couldn't find what I was looking for.  I had a feeling that God wanted me to start a blog that would fill that role.  I kept putting it off until I have finally listened to the Lord and started RunningwithGod. 

This site is about God and Running and how to combine the two.  It is not about time, distance or personal records.  In the future I plan on sharing my thought and feelings that I have during each run as I continue to fellowship with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment