Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Running at the end of Winter

I have been running again for the last two weeks and feel fine.  Yesterday I had my first longer run and things went well.  I am not in the shape I was two months ago but that is fine.  I am coming out of winter and hopeing I am in a better place spiritually and physically than when winter started.  I had a post back in November that discussed how winter is not a season of death.  Winter is a time of preparation.  During winter we can prepare for the Spring of our lives.  Winter is not as ugly as it may seem.  I have taken many beautiful pictures this winter to attest that there is beauty during winter.
Fire and Ice
This picture is from two weeks ago just after an ice storm.  The tree is completely encased in ice.

I recently had a situation that reminded be of the spiritual winter of my life.  I believe that my struggles during that time have prepared me for now.  Those struggles have made me a stronger christian.  I can see that Spring in my life is here and I don't want to go back to winter.  I know things will come up but I have the strength to weather any storms that come my way.  

I have seen Spring.  I know it is coming.  I want to be prepared for what God has for me as Winter ends.

Run Your Race
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment