Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Run Your Race

My tag line in the last few months has been "Run Your Race Hebrew 12:1.   I love that verse and how it pertains to running.  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.  And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Yesterday my race took me to a one mile run.  It was a new event that was put on by Newburgh Christian School.
The race was a flat 5 lane road on what is called the Warrick Wellness Trail.  
It was a perfect day for a run.  Unseasonably warm with a temp of 63 degrees.  I really appreciated the 2:00 start time.  This was the first organized mile run that I had participated in and it was nice to do something different. The course was out and back and the turn around was a wide around -about.  
I met several nice people that were associated with the race and I hope to run it again next year.

During the mile run and my run afterwards I thought about how we each have our race to run, and for today this was mine.  I thought about what my race in life was and what God has set out for me.  I think we all have a specific path in life that God wants us to take but I also think we all have the same starting point and ending point.  I think the starting point is that we are to be the best witnesses to our families and friends.  We are to be loving parents, siblings and friends.  Our race in life is to stay close to God and lead our families.  

God then gives us different paths and abilities.  We all have different talents to be used during the race that he has set out for us.  In the end we all have the same goal and that is eternal life with Jesus Christ so go out and run your race.

Run Your Race
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment